Pro tips for handling 4:1 Heat Shrink Tubing
When you first order a sample of Cobalt Polymers’ 4:1 Pebax® or Polyolefin Heat Shrink Tubing, you may be in for some surprises.
- It’s individually wrapped
- It’s totally flat
- It has a “neck” on each end (Tip: Don’t cut them off!)
In Cobalt Polymers’ new blog post, they share pro tips for using this unusual tubing, including:
- What to expect
- How to expand it
- How to size it
Their 4:1 Pebax Heat Shrink Tubing is the thinnest Pebax tubing available. 4:1 tubing is a good choice when you need your tubing walls to be as thin as possible (< 1 mil or .02 mm). Common applications include:
- Outer layer for catheter shaft
- Cover for coils and braids
- Jacket for laser-cut hypotube
- Coating for tapered guidewire
Let’s keep in touch.
Don’t miss seller news, product alerts, and insights. Sign up for our emails to receive updates directly in your inbox.